View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #22
Buster Brown
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I agree with matese as we just got back from the Vets. Buster started backing away from his wet food and treats and although he would eat his kibble he was not enthusiastic. That for Buster is a big deal, he loves food. He also has been biting his rear, underarms, and paws, rubbing his face and dragging his stomach. I also noticed he had a stuffy nose and more occurences of reverse sneezing and a slight darkening to his belly skin. The Vet diagnosed him with flea dermatitis and allergies. He also has swollen lymph glands. She said he was backing away from his food because he was nauseous and gave him a shot of Convenia and Cerenia pills for the nasea. She has prescribed Prednisone for the swollen lymph glands. She said the swelling was causing the the stuffy nose and the increase in reverse sneezing. I am doing the Comprehensive Plus Allergy panel (110 allergies) and a special Diet food allergy panel with 11 ingredients found in premium and holistic diets. That way I will know what is causing him issues rather than trying to figure it out by diet because he just has been miserable. I have reservations about the flea & heartworm treatment she recommended and that I bought as it is Triflexis and from what I am reading I don't think that is what I want to use. I do have to find something as he is really allergic to flea bites and I think I might be washing off the Frontline Plus I was using. I too worried that it was CT or aspiration pneumonia but it seems to be more due to allergies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!