View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #5
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Yorkies & Silkies are so closely related, some breeders do not remove dewclaws, not docking tail? no answer on that. I had 2 yorkies dewclaws were not removed, be careful with them, keep up to date with nail clipping, dewclaws will curl like Rams horn, that's from my personal experience. I had a 17 lb AKC registered yorkie, many ppl thought she was a Silkie because of her size, she was big, but so beautiful, even my vet when I first took her in at 8 weeks old thought she was a silkie, all I could / can say. her AKC papers read yorkie. She looks like a yorkie to me, but a pic is just that, a pic, weight, height, length does not determine if she is yorkie or silkie. More members will soon offer their opinions. Yorkie, Silkie, both have same personalities, get into lots of mischief, born hunters. Happy to know one way or the other, you love her, but I agree, it would be nice to know for sure what she is and was the breeder truthful. All 4 of my yorkies AKC papers read "Yorkshire Terrier" not sure why yours would read just terrier, did you ask the breeder about that.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!