View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat2861 View Post
My question is (Rhetorical Questions)...Supposedly, this was a minor vocal cord surgery that was done in an ASC facility that should have had oxygen and a crash cart in that facility for these types of situations. Having a crash cart can save a person that is in respiratory or cardiac distress until the ambulance gets there. Was there not one there? Also, before her surgery did they do all the necessary tests being she was 81 to make sure she could handle this surgery in an ASC facility verses a hospital setting? Hopefully those questions will be answered once the investigation is completed. My personal opinion like I told my sister today is that she was in ICU, intubated and had no brain activity. They moved her to a private room so her daughter could call who she needed to call to get there before they disconnected the machine. Such a tragedy to lose another great comedian. May she rest in peace.
You are right...but (and I am basing this only on 35+ years in critical care nursing) if there was no one there that could intubate her, to get past the laryngospasm she was apparently in, so she could get oxygen to her brain/organs, and then people that knew how to give effective CPR.....they could have all the right equipment right at her side and it was all for naught. And something else....she was out to dinner the night before she had this done....usually, with surgery, you are definately nothing by mouth from AT LEAST midnight on....and in the case of seniors, in a clinic setting, you would think only perhaps liquids for dinner the night before.....that is something our out patient ambulatory surgery department always told their patients to do. Lordy lordy.....so unnecessary.....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!