View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 06:13 AM   #5
CesarTheGreat
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytexasyorkies View Post
Just curious...do they sedate for the cleaning or just clean? My Khloe is super slippery when I brush her teeth...she'll be gone in a flash...Also, how pricey is it?
Yes, they put them under anesthesia. It's always scary, but the place I went uses human grade and I asked if they've ever had complications. The woman told me she has never had a death and they do small dogs all the time.

Cesar is good with getting his teeth brushed. He sits still and licks at the brush because he loves the peanut butter flavor. If your dog is that slippery, it may be because she is in pain from gum disease or the toothpaste is disgusting to her.

I paid $99 for everything and it includes nail clipping. Extractions if needed are $15 a piece and his antibiotic was an additional $15. Cesar didn't get any extractions and with daily brushing his teeth should be healthy. I will probably get his teeth cleaned once every couple years.

My advice is to ask and call around. I was ready to go pay my vet $35 just to look and give me a quote as to what it would cost. I was looking at over $300 going there. I was happy with the place that I took him - it was one of those donation run no kill shelter type places with tons of animal lovers working there.

Last edited by CesarTheGreat; 09-04-2014 at 06:14 AM.
CesarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!