View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Yeah I am also having a hard time potty pad training Dutch. So we have gone back to training camp. She does potty outside but when I am at work all day, I don't want her to have to hold it all day (or I come home to a mess).

What I've been doing is everytime she goes outside to potty, I say potty while she is pottying. After she pottys, I praise and give her a treat. My hope is that when I place her on her potty pad and say potty she will actually potty. I am hoping she associates the treat with pottying when I say potty...so far it is not working. She is such a stubborn little stinker. She just holds it until we get outside.

So until the light bulb comes on....she is basically tethered. She has very little freedom to roam around the house. She only gets an hour or two of roaming after she has potty than it's back to being tethered. Right now we have a battle of wills going on. My last yorkie took a year to fully potty pad trained her so if Dutch is thinking I am going to just give up, she has another thing coming.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!