View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
Silver Lace
YT 500 Club Member

Dear Peter,
Thank you so very much for your beautiful and well thought out words to us.I am so sorry for your loss. It brought back the time when I lost a dog so quickly and I had no time to choose but if I could have I might have just brought her home for a while. I did not stay with her because of what the vet told me might happen when she died. I did not want to remember her like that but I still wish I had said I want to be with her and stayed in spite of what the vet warned me of. She had been my friend for 16 years and we had never been separated for long periods until she had to be taken to the emergency vet clinic and left. It broke my heart to leave her overnight and I thought I would be bringing her home the next day but they said she was worse and I was faced with a decision I was not ready to make. She was so happy to see me when I walked in and her face lit up and her little tail wagged furiously and we visited for a while and she seemed to be okay to me. She did have an enlarged heart she had for a while and was told it was much worse and she was not breathing well and they put her on oxygen. I did not realize she had gotten worse and I was not ready to let her go but was under duress and made the decision it was best to put her to sleep. I still doubt my choice after years and miss her almost as much as the first.
I am sorry for going on but it brought out these memories and I appreciate your kindness in writing what you did for us. I am sure it will help some others. Thank You.

Last edited by Silver Lace; 09-03-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Silver Lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!