View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #12
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Cancer & migration of the chip are rare. I personally think cancer from being vaccinated between the shoulder blades are more common than from the microchip (which happens to be in the same spot). Migration doesn't happen anymore (for Home Again), bc of the newer technology of the chips, anti-migration features.

Dog and Cat ID Microchipping | HomeAgain Pet Microchip
HomeAgain is the only dog & cat microchipping product on the market today that has the Bio-Bond patented anti-migration feature to help ensure that the microchip will stay in place so that it may be easily located and scanned.

I hear more happy stories about being reunited w/a lost pet than a pet getting cancer from being microchipped.

But wouldn't that sad reality make you want to chip him? If they took him in to see a vet or ended up in a shelter & he got scanned, he would be reported as missing & you'll be reunited. That's why all my 4 are chipped.
Most of the kind of people who would take a dog would not take the dog to a vet. I have also read some seriously scary stuff about microchipping before and I wish I had saved the link. A lot of people when they pick up a stray dog they will just look for a tag and then possibly put up posters if no tag most will not take the dog to be scanned or even know about microchips.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!