View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Cancer & migration of the chip are rare. I personally think cancer from being vaccinated between the shoulder blades are more common than from the microchip (which happens to be in the same spot). Migration doesn't happen anymore (for Home Again), bc of the newer technology of the chips, anti-migration features.

Dog and Cat ID Microchipping | HomeAgain Pet Microchip
HomeAgain is the only dog & cat microchipping product on the market today that has the Bio-Bond patented anti-migration feature to help ensure that the microchip will stay in place so that it may be easily located and scanned.

I hear more happy stories about being reunited w/a lost pet than a pet getting cancer from being microchipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiB View Post
My dog is so flipping cute that I know I can't "lose" him...he'd never be returned. It's sad, but it's reality. So, no, I've not bothered with chipping.
But wouldn't that sad reality make you want to chip him? If they took him in to see a vet or ended up in a shelter & he got scanned, he would be reported as missing & you'll be reunited. That's why all my 4 are chipped.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!