View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #14
mrsedwardslpn
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
I got my first yorkie about 25 years ago and I have to say so much has changed in that time period. To me every tom dick and harry can and do breed, the AKC no longer means that much and they care nothing about the breed standards. I have seen so many pure bred yorkies that look nothing like yorkies. It seems like more than half new yorkie owners are buying or putting deposits on puppies under 8 weeks old all the while imagining the are getting a perfect little yorkie specimen which would be about 5 lbs, with long silky hair, blond face and paws and upright ears. Only after 6 months or so do they realize they have bought a 12 lb dog with coarse hair, a sooty head and long snout. To me if appearance is important find a show type breeder and bite the bullet and pay their price and take home a dog that is over 12 weeks home that looks like a yorkie. Or do what I did buy a mix or adopt or rescue a yorkie or a mix.
I'm not trying to breed or show I'd just like to get a yorkie if that's what I paid for. She's 1500 for goodness sakes lol. I don't think it's fair to sell a pup as a yorkie if it's mixed and especially not for thousands of dollars. As far as age she is 15wks old she comes with a yr health guarantee and supposedly they did dna test. I am actually attempting to do all the right things this time around
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!