View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 05:38 AM   #1
dmv3113
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Welcoming Sophie

Later today, we will be welcoming Sophie into our home. Sophie is a four pound, not quite two-year-old sweet heart (mostly) and she is our granddog, so we've known her since tinyhood.
Our daughter and family are moving into a new home and new school starts tomorrow and their schedules are so full, they can't be consistent and so Sophie is NOT potty trained. . I am determined we can help her become the little angel she is destined to be. We have kept her before during family vacations. We have two dogs already, so I'm a bit concerned about the dynamic. Sophie has shown aggression to my Cotton de Tuilliere. She also runs up and over the furniture and leaves scratches on my wood tables. So say a little prayer for us as we undertake this quasi rescue. She is really smart and maybe some of her peeing in the house has been to punish her family for not giving her the attention she needs. ???
I'm going to use the techniques in the seven day potty training book and hope for a miracle. I also think I will "wear her" for part of the day to give her more time with me (while she can't be sneaking off to pee.)
Anyway, I thought I'd come here for advice and support and to share our progress.
~dmv
dmv3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!