View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
tokiphd
Yorkie Talker

Default A Newbie with Questions!

Hello everyone.

I am in the process of adopting a senior teacup Yorkie named Neeko. I have lots of dog experience, but not with a dog so small--Neeko is currently only 2 pounds!! The rescue group can't tell me much about him, other than he doesn't have any teeth and has a pretty severe malocclusion! Here are some questions I have:

Bald ears: I've attached a couple of pics and you can see his ears are bald. I've read that this could be due to leather ear? Tips on treating it? Will the hair grow back?? There isn't ANY hair on his ears right now.

Feeding: He seems pretty underweight. What is the best/safest way to put weight on him, given his missing teeth/malocclusion, other than feeding him more often than normal? For example, are there any calorie rich dog foods that any of you would recommend that wouldn't cause stomach problems?

Mix-breed: Is he all Yorkie or mixed with something? His coloring is right, but his ears are SO big. It could be that they just look big because they are bald, but what do you think?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
A Newbie with Questions!-neeko-1.jpg   A Newbie with Questions!-neeko-2.jpg  
tokiphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!