Thread: Abnormal Heart?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #8
-echo-
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadraphinic View Post
Megan had PDA, or blue baby syndrome, 16 years ago it was a $2,500 operation with a 50/50 chance of her surviving the surgery. We couldn't afford it and the risk was too great to take the gamble, we were told that she wouldn't live past her first year. Megan died on May 28th last year two weeks after turning 15. Have you puppy checked out, hopefully it's just stress and he's none the worse, 1 thing to look out for is coughing with a white foam, when he's hot or playing hard, that's how we knew Megan was sick. Megan was my first Yorkie, and my constant companion, unless she got cold, then only my wife would do as she puts off way more BTUs than I do. Good luck and please keep us informed.
Cheers Quad
Thank you for the reply. That's definitely reassuring to know even though there can be a negative diagnosis, they can do so well. We're waiting to hear back about an appointment with the cardiologist. The wondering makes me mental. He is active and happy. His breathing seems normal, even during/after exertion. His little chest does seem to beat fast in those times though... but I would think that would be normal. It's doesn't do anything weird when he's resting. I'm really hoping it's nothing serious... but if it is, I hope he's as fortunate as your Megan was.
-echo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!