View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
Claire2014
Yorkie Talker

Default My gorgeous Dilly

Hi everyone, my beautiful yorkie Dilly Daydream died suddenly yesterday.

I am heartbroken and cannot stop crying. I was out with my children but my other two dogs were home with her. I feel terrible I wasn't there for her. I feel terrible for my other two dogs that I wasn't there for them either. She was leaking wet and the vet told my husband that the other dogs wold have been licking her trying to bring her back life, like they do with still born puppies.

My poor girl was covered in blood all around her chest area. The vet told my husband that she probably suffered a haemorrhage and that there could have been a tumour or something on her liver or other organ (I can't remember which) that would have gone undetected. She had a heart murmur and only had a health check two weeks ago - the vet said her heart sounded really good and that she was doing well. She was 13 - although rescued from a puppy farm and the lady who rescued her guessed she was around three so she could have been older. She was my baby girl. I thought we had more time. I don't feel like I'm ever going to be able to move on. I just miss her so much it physically hurts.

The worse thing is that I think it's my fault. I left some chocolate biscuits on the side in an unopened packet and one of the bigger dogs jumped up and got them. When I came home and found her dead, I found an empty packet of biscuits in the kitchen. Dilly only had three teeth left so think my two bigger dogs must have eaten most of them but am sure she would have had some. The vets told me this wouldn't have caused her to die and so does my husband but they wouldn't tell me otherwise would they. I just hate myself. If I hadn't left them on the side and the dogs didn't eat them would she still be here?

She shared a bed with my beddlington terrier and now I look at her asleep with Dilly's space empty beside her.

I have a six year old and one year children who have never seen me cry but the last 24 hours I've done nothing but and feel awful they've seen me so upset but I'm falling apart. I just want my Dilly back. I love her so much. Sorry for rambling. Just hope someone will understand how I'm feeling
Claire2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!