View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #13
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
I would take all your heat if I just didnt have to go through another Indiana winter
I don't blame you a bit there. At least our hot summers are just inconvenient but not physically hard on most of us, except for those who have to work right out in the sun all day, with the A-C everywhere and in the evenings, there can even be a breeze if you are out and about and once summer is over, the next 8 months or so are pretty easy living. But I can imagine it would get so old having to shovel snow from walks and roofs, keep car batteries from dying and radiators from freezing and always having to dress in boots, layers, hat and gloves to just run to the store for milk and bread.

My brother and I grew up loving snow and the mountains and always wanted to live in Colorado. He actually moved there with his family and made it 5 years before the snow got them all down. He said the driveway was essentially frozen over for months at a time as the snow would melt and freeze and the driveway was almost always in the shade for some reason. He said he had to spend too much of each day just keeping up with things the weather had done or was about to do. Now they just drive or fly up there from New Mexico to enjoy Colorado.

Still, I'm so ready to open the windows and feel some cool air blowing in one day before too long!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!