View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
trixie2014
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Emotionally drained

We recently purchased a morkie puppy from a breeder in Brook Park, Mn The breeders name is Susan Boyd. We were excited because we had gotten a dog from her 3 years back and had no issues so I never thought anything of it. Anyway, we brought the dog home and she was fine. running around etc. The next day, not 24 hours later, she was almost completely unresponsive. We rushed her to the vet. At first they thought she had diabetes. They did a bunch of tests, sent us home. I called Susan to let her know what was going on. She didn't say much, just to keep her updated. After a few days the medicine the vet had given us was not working so back to the vet we went. They now thought she maybe had a liver shunt, and wanted us to go to the U of M and have an ultrasound done. They finally got it figured out. She is hypoglycemic. And should make a full recovery. That was all within 2 weeks of getting the puppy. The puppy I was told when I got her that she was fine. I was told she was 2lbs. (She was only 1lb 5oz!!!) I decided to send Susan and email (wanted a paper trail) and told her everything that had happened. She immediately got defensive, and accused me of not taking care of the puppy. She said if I had just given it corn syrup we wouldn't have had any of these problems. She said she had been doing this for 30 years and knew what she was doing. Needless to say we will NOT be getting another dog from her. I know if we would have left Miley there that she would not have survived. Our vet told us corn syrup is something to use only if absolutely needed, not on a regualar basis. We are happy to say now that after a couple of weeks, Miley is doing much better!!! She has more energy that our other 2 dogs and us combined!!!!!
trixie2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!