Thread: Home Made Food
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 04:44 AM   #2
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyPuppies View Post
Hey all,

I'm wanting to make Tilly homemade food.

Do any of you cook for your babies?

I was thinking ground beef (boiled - which is how I cook for my human family as well), rice, and some veggies. Sound about right? What ratio would be good for a 3 or 4 lb puppy (she is almost 11 weeks now). How often to feed? 2 or 3 times a day? Serve heated or cold? Make the switch from kibble gradually or just do it? So many questions! OH, is canned low sodium veggies ok?
Well, I home-cook for our Harry....but things are slightly different over here - and Harry's a BIG boy!!!

I home-feed him once a day (he's a weirdy, he doesn't like to eat before 2.30 p.m.). All the rest of the time, I leave down a bowl of his kibble (usually Royal Canin) for him to graze on - which he mostly does during the evening.

His main meal consists of (usually) a cooked chicken breast cut into little pieces, with either rice or sweet potato, plus veggies (green beans, peas, carrots and sweetcorn - all finely chopped). I have never fed him canned veggies, always fresh or frozen and cooked.

I sprinkle over his meal a multivitamin/multimineral - I believe there are several 'over there' to choose from - Balance It (???) springs to mind.

I know a load of people will come and join in - and be able to give you loads more information than I can! Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!