View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #14
BobbiB
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbysmom View Post
My opinion is based almost entirely on confusion and an old school viewpoint of the breed. I was around when partis and biewers were considered a mistake. I have no problem with new breeds or new colors of a breed but I am confused about how a mistaken color can become a new breed. They are absolutely beautiful but it makes my brain hurt to understand how they came from pure Yorkies but they are not Yorkies.
I'm so green with it all that reading about it makes even my head spin, honestly.

I will say that the Parti/Biewer comparison makes me nutty, and I'm not sure why...lol. Maybe because I trust the AKC too much? I feel like if the MARS testing and AKC accepting Biewers as a new breed is pretty reliable. I want to dig deeper, but am not sure where to look. I do know, however, that for a Biewer to be accepted into the FSS program, they have to be DNA proven, which definitely points to a consistent difference between Biewers and Yorkies. Parti Yorkies, however beautiful, have been deemed a fault and NOT a separate breed.

Surely, with a registry as upstanding as AKC, there is a reason for this, no?
BobbiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!