View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #10
crazydoglade
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
I have never seen strong opinions on the biewers here everyone has known they were trying to get them established as a separate breed and everyone wished them well on that. There have been strong opinions from the different biewer clubs and pet owners about the biewers origion. I think it is kinda frowned upon here to breed biewer to yorkie for obvious reasons. The big controversy here has always been with the parti yorkies that look like the biewers because they are considered a color fault and parti owners are breeding them with chocolates or goldens or whatever to get the latest color fad to sell for the highest price the market will allow. Unfortunately you also see this type of breeding going on in the biewers to with the biro biewers and off colors so that is also frowned upon by different clubs in the biewers that think they are diluting the gene pool. So yorkie club and biewer clubs are experiencing the same frustration with some of these breeders
I've always thought that when you breed you're trying to get a certain look and temperament of that particular breed. Why take chances with your babies to get something "different". Some of the out breeding can cause lethal diseases such as blue yorkies the australian shepards tragedy of the so called double merele. As far as breeding biewers to yorkies if you believe that biewers are separate breed from yorkies then what you have is a mixed breed dog not a purebred.
crazydoglade is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!