View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #9
BobbiB
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
I have never seen strong opinions on the biewers here everyone has known they were trying to get them established as a separate breed and everyone wished them well on that. There have been strong opinions from the different biewer clubs and pet owners about the biewers origion. I think it is kinda frowned upon here to breed biewer to yorkie for obvious reasons. The big controversy here has always been with the parti yorkies that look like the biewers because they are considered a color fault and parti owners are breeding them with chocolates or goldens or whatever to get the latest color fad to sell for the highest price the market will allow. Unfortunately you also see this type of breeding going on in the biewers to with the biro biewers and off colors so that is also frowned upon by different clubs in the biewers that think they are diluting the gene pool. So yorkie club and biewer clubs are experiencing the same frustration with some of these breeders
Well, yes, clearly splitters are frowned upon, but I saw a lot of opinions from a few years ago that really downed Biewers..."not a separate breed", "Yorkie with a color fault", even "Biewer owners try to 'hide' Biewer lineage", "never will be a separate breed"...it was kind of eerie, considering they totally are. Lol.

That said, I like a "traditional" Biewer....not a splitter, strong black saddle, white tummy, legs, tail, and chin. Never chocolate, and I'm more smitten with the above four and a half pound group.

I also know that Biewers don't have a set pattern that is "correct". I just like the look of the "original" standard.
BobbiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!