View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #12
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

lol a lil fluffy cutie, yes the smarter the dog the bigger the challenge. I believe he is still testing you. Cody came to me a very SPOILED boy, he was much loved and adored by his former owner (an 11 y/o lil girl) when I first got him he was like the 5 y/o kid that has a new nanny or baby sister, testing to see how much he can get away with. I was so torn because this dog was taken away from a child that adored him and I knew the dog adored this lil girl, it was very hard for me to be firm with him, no one can take the place of a child that adore him. But he was getting worse over the next 3 months, he started the hard nipping. When I had him 5 months I put my foot down, I knew he was happy, comfortable, loved and trusted me and knew he was in his forever home. So the training started and the magic fly swatter appeared. He is my perfect lil boy, still demanding, and spoiled even more. He is my first male yorkie, he is veryyyyy smart, learns new things quickly, I love him so much it hurts. You must be consistent, use the same command words, and yes a lot of patience. He will get it. Although the hard nipping is pretty much in control, when he gets crazy excited, I have to tell him NO BITING very firmly and loud so he hears me over his barking, he has the run of my very large back deck, he sees deer and critters, will come flying in the house, wants to go in the yard where he saw the critters, reason for his crazy excitement......Middle Smith field has changed immensely over the last 8 years, route 611 in Stroundsburg is mall after mall after mall. Still flooded with tourist, Even with the by-pass made 2 years ago, week end traffic in Stroudsburg is still horrific. I was born and raised in NY, Da Bronx, had a summer home in The Pocono's for 25 years, moved her permanently 13 years ago. I live on a mountain in a heavily wooded area, away from the hussel & bussel, but with all the shopping centers and new supermarkets I am not isolated, stores are all 20 to 30 minutes away. Many changes since 1980.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!