View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Welcome to YT I have / had some of the same problems with my rescused 3 y/o. I'll start off with talking on the phone, when I was on the phone he would bark, whine so much I would have to hang up. All my telling him no barking or no whining did nothing, 2 weeks later no improvement, he wanted all my attention, was DEMANDING I hang up the phone and gaze lovingly into his eyes. So one night while he was doing his HANG UP THAT PHONE AND FOCUS ON ME, I my told my friend to hold on a minute, said let me try something that use to work on my girls, I got my FLY SWATTER lol, came back into the room, waved it at him, he jumped off the sofa and shut up, the next night again, the barking and whining, I had left the fly swatter on my end table, all I did was pick it up and quietness lol. The fly swatter rules lol. For some reason my girls all now past were afraid of the fly swatter,I never ever even touched them with it, when they would get unruly I would say, "I'm gonna get the fly swatter" and they would settle down. Cody now does not bark or try to distract me when I am on the phone, all it took was showing him that fly swatter 2 times. Anytime he refuses to listen to me, I show him the fly swatter. The fly swatter rules lol. Give it a try, you may have to wave it a little bit or smack it against your leg. It cost nothing, I think we all have a fly swatter in our house....Demanding to eat, Cody eats at 7AM and 5PM. Many times I am out of bed at 5AM, Cody thinks he's going to eat, he'll start barking, whimpering, whining, I tell him NOT NOW. When 7AM comes he gets feed, the same thing for his diner, at 4PM he will start, I tell him NOT NOW. It took maybe 8 days, now if he bothers me to eat he knows what NOT NOW means....biting, when he gets extremely excited he jumps up and nips at me, this has been since day one and I have him 9 months now, he has nipped me while I am standing, he nipped my butt, my back my arm and left a nice red mark. I tell him NO BITING in a veryyyyy firm voice, it took 3 weeks for for to stop the nipping, when he gets really overly excited before he starts him jumping I'll tell him firmly NO BITING, he gets really excited when he sees the deers, chipmunk or that pesty squirrel. The nipping has stopped. This is what worked for me. Ya gotta that that fly swatter, it holds magic in it lol.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!