View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #13
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I honestly fail to see the draw to chia seeds. Pseudo grains like chia contain anti nutrients which undermine their purported nutritional value and can cause gut permeability issues. The omega 3s in these seeds can be obtained through other less inflammatory foods like walnut oil. Goat milk is another thing that I wouldn't touch. By the way, dogs do not need omega 6...in fact some vet nutritionists advise against using omega 3s that contain omega 6.
This is why I was hesitant to give this to my dogs....I already give salmon occasionally, and I am confident my dogs are really getting all the nutrition they need from the dog food they eat. I know you can really knock things out of kilter by adding all these different supplements....I personally do not really eat "properly"....I love canned salmon but i HATE fresh salmon and I can not take fish oil capsules because of the gastric upset....I add the Salba powder to my smoothie everyday and I feel like I am getting everything I need to supplement any short comings in my dietary intake! But I would have to research exactly what the addition of Chia/Salba would do to the balanced nutrition my dogs already get.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!