View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #4
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
Interesting: I am attending the YTCA Roving Event in St Louis this week. They published this:

DOG EVACUATION PROCEDURES
1. In the case of a fire or other evacuation, have a king sized pillowcase nearby. Place as many dogs as possible in the pillow case and twist the top. This will enable you to carry them out of the building safely. There is no chance of suffication tomthendogs inside the case. 2. It is a good idea to keep a few leads inside the case. When you reach the outside you have some way to keep control of the animals.

3. Do not endanger your life one the lives do others in your room by spending time searching for your dogs. If they are properly penned or crated, you should be able to gather them quickly and easily.
Well, I will be darn!! For YEARS, this is exactly what I have told my son we will do if the house ever catches fire and we need to get dogs out ASAP! I keep a king size pillow case for three dogs per case, attached to crates with clothes pins. I also have the correct number of pillow cases right inside the garage in case we have to evacuate from the back yard during the day........Glad to know I was thinking effectively in this case!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!