View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #20
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Thanks everyone!

I just spoke with the vet. Lily Rose is resting comfortably .. they have her on pain meds and antibiotics. They cleansed all of her wounds and got the maggots off her skin .. they then medicated her to kill any maggots left inside of her. They said that the xray looked ok and that there are no injuries in the abdominal cavity that they can see.

There are some abnormal labs which don't sound related to the injuries. She has elevated liver enzymes, elevated bilirubin and low platelet count. Those will be repeated tomorrow.

She is stable at this point. They will be doing a test to rule out tick borne illness. Other than that, there are no further plans. Tomorrow will be another day.....at least she is clean and pain free for the night.
MY GOD, this poor, poor, poor little innocent precious creature!!!! My heart is just breaking, I have tears in my eyes right now reading about her...I can't even bear to consider how/why all this happened to her, this poor little angel. Dang it, this is a cruel, hard world . No creature should ever be this broken. What's worse, is I know this happens every single day.

I'm so thankful she is being helped. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

I hope we can look forward to her healing beautifully and blossoming into the loved creature that she is and should be. Bless her little big heart .

Does she have a YHR page or anything?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!