Thread: Enlarged heart
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #15
Nancy Jane Oxfo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank432 View Post
I have a 9 yr old Yorkie and was told by Vet she has an enlarged heart with fluid surrounding. We took her in when we noticed short, shallow breathing along with swollen tummy. She has always been very active and had rather run after toy than eat. My husband and I were under the mistaken impression that activity was good for doggies as they age, as it was for humans. I was unaware that letting them play too much for too long could damage their heart. I feel like the worst mother ever. Do any of you have an experience with this? She is now on lasix, enalapril, and something for upset stomach.
My 9 year old yorkie is in the hospital now with the same thing, and same medications. She also is in kidney failure, and also has hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. She is my love and life. She has never been real active, only 5-10 minutes at the time. I think the enlarged heart and stomach problems are pretty common to yorkies. While I'm praying for my love, I will pray for yours. Blessings to your pooch!
Nancy Jane Oxfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!