View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #29
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Scary as heck! I'm certain the December after I got Tibbe a car full of 4 adults tried to steal him from my back yard as they scoped him out first by driving by slowly in the alley. He was running around barking at the car, looking so cute and they were all scooted over close to the car windows on that side, smiling at him. I was sitting on the couch in the den watching Tibbe out the window and saw them all looking at him and after a bit, drove on. A short while later, there they were coming slowly back down the alley, stopping by my back fence and a grown man and woman got out from the back seat of the car and approached the back yard boat gate, which at the time, had no lock on it. Tibbe was moving away from them toward the center of the yard and myself, watching from the den window, panicked and jumped up, ran from the den out into the Utility Room and out the back door and off the porch into the yard screaming at the top of my lungs to get away from my gate and my dog - or something like that - and they didn't even look up at me - just both dashed back into the car and the driver sped off, burning rubber as he did.

Since then, there are locks on the gates and he's never out back alone w/out me standing in the yard or on the back porch or in the back door. I never allow strangers to hold him as they might just take off with him - and besides, he's a nervous jumper & if they don't hold him as securely as he likes, he might try to jump out of their arms - so I keep a wary eye out when we're out and about when other folks are around. You never know who is eyeing your dog as a target!
Creepy kids! Your mommy instincts were right on, they were up to no good. I never leave my furry buddies alone in our backyard. I even fenced in the side so they don't go near the gate. It's a tall gate w/a lock, but won't take any chances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by docmartin View Post
No here's one of the old chap, a friend of mine took (he was a press photographer) and was scared stiff of dogs! Bruno loved him though! It's a great picture I think and we have it on the wall in the study here!
Dobies are fiercely loyal companions! I was lucky enough to have been owned by one, even tho it's was for a short time. Lex was my x-boyfriend's dog & I took him in when his parents moved & my ex couldn't keep Lex in his condo w/no yard. We had a huge yard back then, Lex lived only to be 9 years old, he got prostate cancer & we made the painful decision to let him go. Yorkies are the #1 stolen breed-lex.jpg
One time, I was walking him on a horse trail by our home & a Bull dog was walking by, Lex lunged @ him & flipped me over! I landed on the mud & dirt but somehow I had not lost grip of his leash. TG nobody got hurt & the Bull dog owner was understanding, he knew Lex was just being protective of me. Now I know he could've been dog aggressive too, maybe.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!