View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #14
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokipoki View Post
We used the this same formula for Toki a couple years ago and she enjoyed it...as I recall, she didn't have any GI issues on it either so hopefully it'll work out for your pups! The other Wellness formulas that we've tried (the Wellness Core Ocean and the Toy Breed Complete Health Healthy Weight) have been good as well.

At Petsmart, Wellness is one of my top picks but you might also look into some of the Hill's Ideal Balance formulas as well in the future...I know they have a lamb and brown rice one that your pups might like if they're partial to lamb kibbles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I am a fan of Hill's Science Diet Ideal Balance. My pups who don't have RX diets are on it and doing fine! I trust the company.

Natural Dog Food - Hill's Ideal Balance Dog Food
Thanks for your input. Hills Science Diet Ideal Balance will be my next pick if the Wellness doesn't work out. We were in kind of a rush at the store but the label on the Royal Canin looked like it had corn in it, which unfortunately makes Teddy Bear itch. There was a Petsmart dog trainer there who said she reads everything on dog food and subscribes to every newsletter. She called herself a dog food expert. She highly recommended both the Wellness Core and the SD Ideal Balance. We didn't just take her word, we carefully studied the ingredients. We saw the NV Instinct and highly considered it but Petsmart only carried small bag or a large 25 lb. Bag which is too much. We were able to get a 10 or 12 lb bag of the Wellness Healthy Weight, which is just about right for us.

I am really appreciating all of your input. I never expected to be put in a position like this with needing a quick change. It isn't fun.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!