View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Default Need Help-- Need to Change Food NOW

Daisy has had a rough time at night with tummy aches/gas. She sleeps fitfully and wakes up panting with scared look in her eyes. This has been going on for a couple of weeks. We have eliminated food/treats one at a time until all that is left is her Blue Buffalo dry kibble (lamb and brown rice).

The onset of her tummy aches seems to coincide with the time we opened the latest bag of dog food. I called the blue buff company today and asked them if it could be the food. I told her that we noticed that there are a LOT more life source bits in this bag than usual. (I have been picking a bunch of the life source bits out of their bowls before I give it to them). I told her that the ratio of kibble to life source bits seems to be about 50/50. She told me that she is sure that this is DEFINITELY, WITHOUT a DOUBT, the reason for her tummy aches/gas. I was shocked that she admitted this.

She told me to return the bag to Petsmart and get another bag that has a different BEST BY date. (12 Sep 15)... She is sorry for Daisy's tummy aches and she is going to send me some treats. What??? Daisy has been in pain and distress almost every night for about two weeks and you are going to send me some treats? She explained to me that the bag of food is filled from two separate spouts, one has the kibble and one has the life source bits. I believe that she said that the life source bits should be about 7 or 8%. She said when the food runs out of one side, the bag fills up with whatever is on the other side.....in our case, life source bits. This seems so irresponsible that no one is catching a mistake like this and my pup had to suffer because of it.

I am pretty upset about this....I will for sure be returning the bag of blue buff but I WILL NOT be buying any more of this food. That seems to be so irresponsible of a company to not inspect or monitor food that is leaving the line. My poor baby has been up at night with a tummy ache and gas and I have been up with her, distressed and not knowing what to do for her.

Can someone PLEASE suggest a kibble that my 10 and 11 year old pups will like.... preferably one that I can get at Petsmart. My husband and I don't want a new bag of Blue Buffalo because we don't trust them now. I don't want to transition her to the new food, but want to start them on a new food today.

Because I feel the need to get them on new food today, I don't think I have sufficient time to do a lot of research on this. I was reading a thread about Royal Canine and I was thinking that might be a good place to start but I don't know if they will like it. They are so used to lamb and rice but I will be willing to try something else.

I mainly want a food/company we can trust will have some quality control or something. My husband suggested Nutro but it looks to me like they have had a lot of problems with recalls in the past. I feel at a loss right now and so disappointed that a company that we trusted let us down in a big way.

Thanks for any help.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!