View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
londonteatime
Senior Yorkie Talker

Teeth New member, new Yorkie!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and the new mum to a 6-month-old Yorkie I named Bobby! I brought him home on Tuesday and just love him so much!

I've been wanting a Yorkie for a while! I suffer from Lupus and scleroderma, so I'm unable to work. Staying home all day is awfully lonely and can get depressing. I researched the breed and just knew a Yorkie would be a wonderful, fun companion!

I am a firm believer in rescue but I found out that because of my disability the rescuers weren't interested in having me adopt a dog! This made me really sad and a bit angry, to be honest. I take lots of medications, move slowly and need two naps per day but that shouldn't disqualify me from adoption! Grrrrrrrrr.

Anyhoo, the local "breeders" were offering "teacups" and "miniature Yorkies" and I didn't like the sounds of it. On a trip to the pharmacy, I decided to look in a pet shop and I asked if they had any Yorkies. The worker said, "Just one. He's too big and too old and no one wants him." Oh my!!!!! I asked to see him and he was just lovely! He's 9 pounds and 6 months old, which was actually much better for me than a younger puppy. They said if I really wanted him, they'd reduce his price way down because he had been there too long and needed a home. I bought him for $300.

People tell me I shouldn't patronize a pet store, and I agree really but I just love Bobby -- we needed each other! They included a free vet visit and I took him yesterday. He is VERY healthy and doing GREAT! I'm so glad I have him! He loves to play and make me laugh and he loves taking naps with me, too.

I look forward to meeting all of you and chatting about our lovely Yorkies!

Julie
londonteatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!