Thread: Loss
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #13
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I don't understand why a man who purports to love you would want to keep another loving little companion from his wife, especially when you are still in so much pain from losing your long-time, beloved family member whom you'd grown so close to in 16 year's time. Trying to keep you from getting hurt again, if that's what he is doing, is also keeping you from the joy, fulfillment and love of another little dog who could help fill you life with joy again. You can't run away from the pain life doles out unless you give up on having a heart and close yourself off to more love.

I'd sit that man down and have a very frank discussion with him that the choice of having another dog in the home is by no means solely his to make as he is not your legal guardian who directs your life, you have just as much a say in the matter as he does and if you want another dog and it's terribly important to you, you expect him to show his love and devotion to you by trying to understand your deep feelings and work with you on something as important to you as having and loving another dog.

I know how you miss your baby and how empty your heart is right now, as well as likely do, having lost dear ones in the past. It's a terrible hurt that just keeps on going and going and you miss and ache for them. Try to just take it day by day and don't give up on knowing another love like you had for sweet little Ellie. When the time comes, another Yorkie could bring back your smile.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!