View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
mjacksonphoto
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Pups are 7 weeks old - Their sweet momma died :(

Last Wed my precious Minky was attacked by a coyote and died later that afternoon - I am absolutely heartbroken about her being gone. She was my baby and followed me everywhere I went, when I had to leave she was waiting patiently at the door, I would get up and walk outta any room in the house and she would follow me to my next spot - even if she just got settled - She was the most loyal and loving dog I have ever known. I am so sad I don't know how the despair will ever end…. I know life goes on and the best thing she could have left me were her precious little babies - My sweet momma had 4 puppies July 1st so they are just about 7 weeks old - the vet said the puppies will be fine without her as they were being weaned by momma starting at week 5 - they were already eating puppy food on their own and i've been supplementing the last few days with fresh goats milk a few times a day - they seem to be sleeping ok and active and we do have their daddy and he is very sweet with them and plays and interacts…. But I just wanna know if there is anything I need to be doing to help them adjust or become socialized better now that their sweet momma isn't here to show them. I feel so sad for them that this happened and we all miss her so much - I am so grateful for this forum - It helped me numerous times when Minky whelped and I referred to it almost daily since then regarding different situations. thank you in advance for advising me on this as well
mjacksonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!