Thread: Loss
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 07:17 AM   #10
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

So very sorry for your loss, I had to put down my 17 y/o girl this past Oct. I have had and lost several babies in my life time, each one was painful, but loosing my 17 y/o was the worst for me. I am older now and the intense pain I had in my heart over loosing her was more then I could bear. I swore no more dogs, I am getting older and cannot take the pain of having to put them down, or loosing one while at the vet. It was 6 weeks without her, all I did was cry, my house felt so empty. I have had dogs in my life for over 40 years, I didn't know if I could go without having one, In between all the crying I was fighting with myself, to get or not to get, I kept trying to convince myself I needed time to adjust to being 100% alone, telling myself time will heal the pain in my heart, I knew it was better to not get another baby, I kept recalling the last hour I spent with my baby before having her put down. 6 weeks was like an eternity. Then I received a call from my vet, they just got in a 2 1/2 y/o surrendered boy, she told me "this is your dog" I gave her all the reasons why I didn't want another dog, besides if somehow I did convince myself to get another dog I would not want a male because of their marking, all my babies were females, My vet kept saying "just come to see the dog" so as not to hurt my vets feelings, because she thought of me when this dog was surrendered I knew it was safe to "just see the dog" I knew I would have a male dog. So, I went, I saw, and he came home with me that day. He rescued me, not me him, he made my house a HOME again, my friends call him the miracle boy, because he bought me back from a very dark place. He is my very special lil boy,he does not mark, he was neutered at a very young age. I take him all over with me. I love him more the words can express. I have not forgotten any of my past girls, and I still cry for them, but then Cody will cuddle closer to me, and I thank God and my vet for bringing this very special lil boy into my life, and giving me back my life. I pray your husband will change his mind and open his heart to another baby. I know the pain you are going through, keeping you in my prayers to help keep you strong.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!