Thread: black yorkies?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #5
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Hello and welcome to Yorkie Talk. I live in the USA so I don't know any breeders in the UK. I just want to point out some things that might be helpful.

Most all yorkies are born black and tan except for the other colors such as parti, golden and chocolate. It is impossible to tell what color the puppy will be until it reaches adulthood.

Most all yorkies that stay black are cottony coated or soft coated. The body hair will stay black and the head will sometimes clear to gold or it could stay a suety color (black and gold mixed in).

You can look at the parents to get a good idea about how the pup will look but that still is not a guarantee the pup will take after the parents. Silky coated dogs can still produce cottony coated pups and vice versa.

Don't just focus on color. Finding a sound healthy pup should be your first priority. Check out some breeder websites in your area. Preferably look for a reputable breeder. I have seen many pictures of the darker yorkies in the UK. I have seen pictures of completely black yorkies but I really doubt they were purebred.

Best of luck on your search and please keep us posted when you find your new baby. We will looking forward to see pictures.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!