Thread: Skin Problems
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

I totally feel your pain - allergies are awful and complicated to deal with!

First question, have you been to a Vet Dermatologist yet? If not, go FAST...they will get you on track faster than any general vet can. Has your kiddo been tested for thyroid problems?

Are there *any* other random unrelated symptoms like fur loss, pot belly shape, lethargy, excessive peeing/drinking, excessive hunger, heat intolerance...ANYthing? If any of this rings a bell...then talk to your vet about testing for Cushings...bc Cushings dogs have recurrent and severe skin problems until the Cushings is treated.

How long has she been on the kangaroo? Are you seeing any difference?

This is a good shampoo: Amazon.com : Douxo Chlorhexidine PS + Climbazole...Amazon.com : Douxo Chlorhexidine PS + Climbazole...

Are you giving fish oil supplements bc that can help w/ some inflammatory responses..?

Also, have the skin areas been swabbed and cultured so that they can actually identify the bacteria (if any) that are causing these infections?

Lastly, here is a thread on allergies from the Library: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/die...tart-here.html

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!