View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #6
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGayJay View Post
OMG, never mind, I found it on YouTube.
LOL. The videos of that cute little dog on YouTube are not the sound or attitude Tibbe makes when he engages in what I call chirping. It sounds like that little dog just has a squeaky bark but Tibbe actually makes a little sound kind of under his breath and it's hard to describe - he's mostly been trained out of doing it now - but Tibbe's chirp is like the beginning of a bark that he turns into an almost-but-not-really whine that ends up sounding like an indignant "hurruuuhhh!!!!" by the time it gets out.

You know how in the movies will sometimes have a character of some entitled, arrogant, rich old lady who walks around with her snobby nose stuck up in the air sounds when some filthy and when some poor, unkempt character does something in her presence that she finds disgusting or intrusive and the caricature of the rich old lady makes a sort of "harrumph" sound to show her displeasure and irritation? That's kind of how Tibbe's chirp ends up as it comes out. What started out as a sort of bark/whine ends up sounding like a "harrumph" and he sometimes jiggles his head as it comes out! It's definitely an annoying sound and usually made by a dog who is somewhat annoyed/unhappy with you when he does it. And the thing is, they keep on doing it until you show them the attention they crave, convince them you aren't going anywhere or leaving the house or otherwise stop them from chirping.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!