View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
LunarBerry
YT 500 Club Member

I've read that deworming once a year after the 6 month age is recommended for indoor dogs and twice for active outdoor dogs and having a fecal test done at the time isn't so bad of an idea. But then I read somewhere else that deworming monthly in general is recommended after 6 months. Guess it depends on location and the vet and whether you're using something that includes heartworms w/deworming. Granted, I've never had to deworm any of the dogs I've had/have beyond the puppy stage or when they show actual signs of having worms. But lately I'm thinking a once a year treatment would be a good idea.
But your pup should've been past the general recommended deworming scheduling, unless they are trying to go for monthly treatments. I'd talk with the vet to see why they think another test and deworming is necessary, cause unless there's something that makes you think he needs a dewormer again, then I'd wait awhile. I'd personally liked to avoid any unnecessary treatments, as I don't want my dogs to be constantly pumped with chemicals and stick with core and required treatments. But that's just me
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!