Thread: Neutering
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
denvan
Yorkie Yakker

Default Neutering

We have a 1 1/2 yr old male and he marks EVERYTHING inside and out. I have searched thru your threads for an answer to my question but the answers seem to hit all around it but don't answer my question directly. What I want to know is will neutering him stop the marking? We know how to house train a dog. We have had dogs for 50 years and the norm for having them house trained is about 2-3 weeks MAX. Respectfully, we are not looking for tips on house training I just want to know if neutering will stop the marking. He never goes poopy in the house so he knows where that is supposed to be done. Most of our dogs have been show/hunting dogs so we don't have any experience with neutering we had 2 females that we had spayed at 1 yr old because we did not plan on breeding them and did not want to deal with them going into heat. We had 2 males that we rescued that had all ready been neutered but again house training was not an issue. They would explode before they would go in the house.This Yorkie is a whole new experience for us. Bottom line will neutering stop marking?
denvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!