View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
There is only ONE TYPE of yorkie, AKC standard is no more then 5 lbs. it's all in the Generics of the breeding pair, you will get yorkies that are larger then the standard 5 lbs. All of mine ranged from 10 lbs to a whopping 17 lbs.But there is still ONE breed, no types. What you are describing sounds like what our moderator Ann user name Wylie's mom shows on her avatar, I don't know what color her baby is. The basic, average coloring is grey to silver gray body with blond to tan face and legs, although I had two yorkies with black body and auburn face and legs, I believe this color is called BLUE, as that was the color recorded on my pups AKC registration papers. Yorkies can have straight stand up ears or floppy ears, but it is still the same breed, not a "type", again, I had 2 with floppy ears and 2 with straight ears, it's just a "role of the dice". As for the length of the tail, that is up to the breeder when they have the puppies tails docked. Yorkies are born with long tails, the breeder has to have the tails cut in order to get that shorter tail. Take a look at our moderator's avatar pic, I am sure this is what you are looking for, you can send her a private message and ask what breeder she got her from. Some ppl call this look "doll face or Teddy bear face". No I don't think your currant GF would be very happy if you contacted your EX GF lol, better and safer to come to YT lol. Good luck, I hope you find the baby you are looking for, but I will tell you this, the color, snout size and length, ear shape, tail size, weight, height, a yorkie is a yorkie, full of personality and lots of attitude, tons of energy, little clowns that will win your heart in a heart beat. Now go find Wylie's mom, moderator Ann and look at her baby.
The standard is not to exceed 7 pounds not 5.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!