View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
countrylass16
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My two new puppies play too rough!

I have two beautiful yorkie babies. Pico is 15 months and we have had him for five weeks and Camilla is12 week old and we have had her for a week. We have been having some difficulty with interactions. Pico is definitely more active and wants to play but often plays too hard and too much for Camilla. She flips to belly after a few mins, yelps and will leave but Pico will pursue her even after she clearly shows she wants to stop playing and being hurt by him. If I give her attention he will also come over and bit at her to leave. He is generally being bossy and overly dominant though I am not sure if it true aggression as he likes to be chased by her and will get in the bow position. I don't know how to teach him to play in a more gentle manner. I have tried telling him it's too much and pushing him away but he will nip at my hand. I've taken to kenneling him when he is hurting her. I do give him individual attention. He gets his own walks and his own training time. She stays under the sofa a lot when he is out now and I do not want her to learn to be fearful! She had such a easy going personality I wouldn't want him to drastically change that.

I want them to be able to co-habitat and enjoy each others company but I am not sure how I can teach him Better play manners. I believe his behavior is steaming from a desire to be dominant as well as jealousy. My husband and I are frustrated ! Thoughts?
countrylass16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!