View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #1
barneysmommmy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Barney gave us a terrible scare!

I was taking Barney and Anna out to the garden to check on my tomatoes. Anna loves this part of the yard because it has several flower gardens that she can investigate. This part of the yard is not secure so I have to constantly keep an eye on them. But we didn't even make it that far. Something caught Barney's eye as soon as we were out the door and he took off. I quickly put Anna inside and my son and I started yelling for Barney. He drove around looking in his truck and I walked up and down our road showing pics on my phone to my neighbors. After nearly an hour, I was sick. I went and sat in the back of the yard by our neighbor's field, crying and calling his name. I looked through the weeds in the field, and there he was. He hobbled over to me. His coat was so covered in bagger lice that he could hardly even walk. I cannot describe how excited I was to have him back. I had to shave him down because he was way too covered to save his coat. The photos show how he looked before, what he looked like after 1 hour of being on the run, and how he looks naked.

Fortunately, it all turned out ok. My husband has plans to secure the fence in this part of the yard. Until then, the pups are banished to only the back yard. Anna will have to miss out on her daily strolls through the flower gardens. Thank goodness he's ok!
Attached Thumbnails
Barney gave us a terrible scare!-barney-before.jpg   Barney gave us a terrible scare!-pitiful-barney.jpg   Barney gave us a terrible scare!-barneyafter.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!