View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #10
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie View Post
What I wasn't prepared for were the cries of protest from big dog owners. They didn't see it as a safety issue, they saw it as pampered little dogs not being able to hang with the big dogs. They saw the little dog hours as a closure for them, and they said it was against their civil rights! If little dogs couldn't cut it, they should stay home. Next time, they said, get a real dog!

Little dogs get absolutely no respect, and I don't think they ever will. I guess all we can do is appreciate them in seclusion.
Mike, I share your frustration. I'm not even asking for a park. All I want is to be able to walk my little dogs outdoors without fear of being attacked by large, off leash dogs.

Our area is seeing an increasing number of small dogs killed on their daily walks by large, loose dogs. Some people respond to the newspaper articles with comments that little dogs should stay inside because they can't hack it outdoors and they look like a snack.

You have accomplished so much with Eddie and Jillie to demonstrate the abilities of small dogs. Unfortunately, there are many hearts and minds that will never be changed until or unless they have a little dog in their lives.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!