View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 02:50 PM   #6
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Yorkies View Post
AKC would be extremely upset to hear of mixing litters without microchips! I would never in a million years mix litters together. A breeder in good standing with AKC is required to keep the records with parentage and since there could be a confusion by mixing litters, it wouldn't be fair to AKC or the new family if there was an accidental mix up.
I would also be concerned that your Moms have access to each other and/or puppies. You could have a terrible fight where a Mom or mistakenly a puppy gets injured or killed. It could and does happen! Keep them in separate rooms.
Deb, I would never mix litters without knowing exactly which pups belonged to which parents. My first AKC inspection I had a mixed litter and they did not seem at all concerned. They did do dna testing on one litter and their parents since it was my first inspection and that turned out just fine. In fact I got complements on how everything was perfect.

At what age to you microchip your pups?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!