View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 05:20 AM   #8
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Gracie Ruth is a great watch dog. Even sound asleep, under the covers she hears things and will alert us to them.

Boo is a true guard dog. He doesn't bark at every strange sound like Gracie does. After all that's her job and she does it well. He will stand to the side when someone comes in and approaches them from the rear to determine if they are friend or foe. Once they've cleared the security check, he'll move to the front and greet them. If he's not sure about them, he'll hold back and look to DH or me to signal if they're ok.

We had a German Shepard on the farm that also did this very thing. She'd growl at a few people and it totally freaked them out to turn around and see this huge black dog behind them. She only bit 1 of my brothers friends...the one who use to always teased her when she was a pup. After that, he would never get out of his car until someone came out and got her. But I always felt safe with her around and knew she'd do whatever was needed to protect us.

Yogi...well...he's our clueless dog. He'll bark his fool head off with Gracie, but doesn't have a clue what he's barking at. In fact, he'll face G and bark at her when she gives warning. Bless his wittle heart. Love that he'll join in and it does sound like a crazy pack of dogs to those standing outside. I've had people at the door ask me, how many dogs do you have?

Could they do serious harm if someone broke in? Probably not. Would they try, I have no doubt.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!