View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 03:30 AM   #1
HarleysMomma1
Yorkie Yakker

Default New to yorkie parenthood and have a sick puppy please help!

Hello my name is Mary, I am new to the yorkie parenthood. My little boy is two months old, he's had all of his shots and deworming except for his last shot is due a week and a half from now. Everything has been golden since I got him, but one problem arose last night. I've been doing research and made the decision I do not want my boy eating regular store bought iams/purina dog food, though that's what he's been eating. I did some research and decided to cook him some deboned chicken, carrots peas and cut up green beans and brown rice. I did not switch him over in moderation I gave him his first new meal last night, he loved it and scarfed it down quickly, but threw the entire thing up 2 minutes later, after throwing up all the food he continued to throw up stomache fluid this morning. I don't get paid for two weeks because I just started a new job so I can't take him to the vet, I feel so terrible. After doing research I realize I should've switched him over slowly. He has refused to drink so this morning I took the purina healthy puppy dry food (even though I didn't want to, and mixed in water with it because I know he's dehydrated. He are quite a bit for being sick! I've gotten him to drink since then out of concern of dehydration... He won't drink from his bowl but he will drink from a stream lol! (Hose or water bottle) I'm happy he ate and drank and I will ensure he continues to however seeing he's only two months old I've been freaking out! Did I mention he ate a centipede too? My husband says I'm overreacting but I'd rather do that then to oversee something and let it progress. He's not running a fever thankfully. Basically I need to know if anyone else had this issue, and what I can do to help. Also, I've read soooo many different things about food, like dogs are carnivores and veggies are not necessary, they need raw meet (RAW MEEt?!?!) then I hear veggies are important, I'm over whelmed and don't know who to listen to!! Please help me ensure i have a healthy happy full and hydrated puppy before I lose my mind :-) thank you so much.

- Harley's mommy
HarleysMomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!