View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
matschca
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Vomiting or Regurgitation and Itching - Can Anyone Help?

I am the first time "mommy" of a wonderful little Yorkie that is now 2 years old. We've always fed her Royal Canin for Yorkies (dry) and over the past 3 or 4 months, my husband has mixed in a 1/2 tsp of Alpo (yeuch) because she became somewhat picky in eating. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. Recently, she's started not eating her morning meal (dry only and just a small amount) and only eating one meal a day (the royal canin and alpo mix) - approximately 1/2 cup.

During the span of 1 week - she vomited or regurgitated 1 time (undigested food).

Second week - vomited or regurgitated 1 time (again undigested food)

Today - she vomited or regurgitated 3 times (again undigested food)

She isn't gagging and doesn't sound like vomiting - just all of a sudden she'll stop and throw up. Most of the time it's happened within an hour or so of eating. Should also note that she eats quickly most of the time and "competes" with her sister (a Sheltie).

Her only other "symptom" seems to have come up in the last few weeks - and that's itching. I've checked thoroughly for fleas and can find absolutely no sign of them - but she walks around under the furniture "itching" her back - and if you scratch her back - you can tell you're "relieving" an itch.

She acts normal other than the itching and these 3 episodes of vomiting (although from what I've read sounds more like regurgitation) - it's not bile - all the time undigested food.

Could she have developed an allergy to one or both of her foods?

Please give this nervous new Yorkie mommy some advice.

My plan is to rest her stomach tonight - feed her small amounts of rice/chicken tomorrow - make sure she stays hydrated - and if it happens again - take her to the Vet.

Is there a good hypoallergenic food to feed Yorkies? Am I feeding her too much? Too little?

It would kill me if something happened to this precious pup!
matschca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!