View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
Cat2861
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Possessive/Over Protective????

Hi All,

I have a question about my little boy (9 mths old) being possessive/over protective. This started about 2 months ago when I first noticed it. Anytime my husband comes close to me Remy will start growling/barking at him. I figured it was because I am home with him all day/everyday and I am his primary caregiver. He doesn't try to bite him at all. My husband puts his hand in front of him and he goes crazy licking it. I thought he was only doing this with my husband until I went to Va. to visit my family and he did it there also. They all thought it was cute because he is so little and was already being protective. Needless to say, my husband was holding him the other day and I got close to my husband and he did the same thing to me. So tonight we go to Dairy Queen and when the lady handed my husband the ice cream he did the growling & barking at her. He was fine when the lady was talking to us, it was the minute she reached in to give us our order. Does anyone else's dog do this and how can I correct this behavior? I would appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!