Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #1
Bree Tapia
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hi

Hi everyone
I am brand new to this site; I was told about this site from my cousin who also has a yorkie.

My 1 year old puppy his name is Will I Am we call him Will for short; I found him on my front yard a year ago when he was literally just a few weeks old we were not planning on keeping him but we all fell in love with him. We took him to our family vet and he was just 6 weeks old!!! Within 3 weeks after finding him he started acting a little weird his head was shaking from side to side, he was walking almost sideways and walking in circles sometimes we took him to the emergency vet and after tests said it could be a shunt.....they said it is common with yorkies......about a day and a half later he was back to normal; then about 2 months later started doing the same thing I took him to my vet again and they gave him intestinal diet food he ate that for a weeks it got costly so we stopped it and he had not had a episode after that. Will has turned a year old in June and on July 7th started with shaking of the head side to side; he wasn't walking weird this time just laying down not really wanting to walk.... I thought oh no it's happening again I called the vet he said to keep an eye on him within a few hours he was fine and has not had a episode......I've never had a yorkie and I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone else's yorkie......

Also he eats like a piggy lol but he is soooo skinny you can feel his rib age I am feeding him simply nourish adult food someone told me to try Blue.....is anyone feeding there yorkie Blue or have any comments on it.... If it's healthy, safe, and ok for yorkies. ....
Thank you again everyone
Bree Tapia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!