View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #1
My lil friend
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Excitement at the Dog Show

A couple of weekends ago DH and I took the three little girls to the dog show in Houston. We stayed in a very nice RV park for the weekend ,it had two dog parks, one for the little dogs and one for the larger dogs. It was nice to let the younger girls off leash for a little bit each day.
On Saturday we went to the show and had a wonderful time. The girls were dressed in smocked dresses and were enjoying the attention of having their picture taken by strangers who would tell them how lovely they were. How could they not like that.
We got to visit with LadyJane at the YHR booth. Bought raffle tickets and feathered hair clips. We met several YT members in person,its nice to be able to put a face with a name.
The last hour of the show was a little stressy and we were all ready to go home. I had a lady tell me that she wanted to breed her 4lb girl to her 9lb boy and did not really know anything about it all. Wanted to know if I was a breeder ,um NO. Then she asked me if she could take a picture of the two in the stroller,sure. She plunked her little girl in my stroller between my girls. Usually Mina doesn't respond well to strangers in her stroller,but she just looked at this little girl,that was terrified. Lady snapped two pictures and was on her way. We moved from that ile to an open area,decided to go watch flyball and then leave. I parked the stroller so I could see,was holding Mina. A family came up with 3 boxers. One of them just stared at Mina. The owner said " she is just curious,she hasn't ever seen a dog like that" ,she was taking about the dresses not the dog and wasn't very nice about it. I could tell by the way that the boxer was staring entently at Mina that this might not end well,so I began turning my back on the dog,slowly. Just as I moved the owner of the boxer let slack in the leash and the dog lunged at Mina and got the back of my hand instead. The lady hurried away,no apology,just saying "oh she didn't hurt your dog". I told her that it was a good thing. I was already prepared to take her dog to the floor. It was all so fast that Mina kept looking at me like "what was that?!!".
It was definitely time to go home at this point. DH is always so watchful and so am I when we are out in public with the girls. He had stepped 10ft away from me and could see what was going on but couldn't get to me. The lady made sure that she lost herself in the crowd,not wanting to take responsiblility for the situation. It is scary to think what could of happened.
My lil friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!