View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mismolly View Post
Hello,
My 5 year old Molly dislocated her hip for the first time the other day. They had to put her under to pop it back into place. She is now mainly in a crate and goes with me everywhere. I stand over her while she eats, drinks and goes to the bathroom. We noticed her limping a bit just now. She has been in her crate all day as I ran errand so I am wondering could she now just be limping a little bit because the Metacam wore off and she is feeling a bit of the pain again? Or could she possibly have knocked her hip out again in the one instant that my husband let her out and she decided to climb over his on the be to lay in front of him? It couldn't have popped out that easy right? Wouldn't she have yelped or cried like she did the first time it popped out? We just spent $500 yesterday and the last thing I want to do is go pay another $200 for an x-ray and office visit if I am just being paranoid. Have never dealt with this and sure could use advice from someone that has. We were told if it goes out again she will need to be referred to a hip surgeon.

Thanks!

Molly

Hi!
You say "for the first time"....well why did this happen at all? Was there an accident or did it just pop out? If its the latter than I'm going to suggest you skip the vet and ask for a referral to a Ortho Vet, in the long run you will save money and pain for Molly. An ortho vet will do a thorough examination/xrays etc and diagnose the problem and treat it. A dislocated hip should not even happen once, unless of course there was an accident of some sort. If your pup is now limping I wouldn't venture to guess if it was the hip or pain at this point.

Was there an accident that caused this? If not did the vet say what caused this?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!