View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #1
Lyz517
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry WARNING be careful with shipping pups!

I never thought this would happen, let alone to me. Lets just say my puppy is lucky to still be alive. Me and my husband had our puppy shipped to us from Texas to Maryland. We didn't think too much of it, just hoped for the best and this wasnt our first time. Actually it is our second time having a puppy shipped. Once again AACargo was used.

We got to the baggage claim office a little early. The flight had been delayed an hour, I'm not sure why. We were in shock when the kennel our puppy was in was handed to us. The kennel had been badly damaged during transport.
No one knows why, all we could think about was if the puppy was okay.
I was so angry. I'am not exagerrating when I say to you that the kennel had a 5-6 inch hole on the top of it and a crack leading to the handle.
I dont know what hit this kennel that hard to do this. My little boy was shaking, scared and I had no answers to what happened. I didnt know what I could or should do. I just knew I wanted to bring my baby home after all he had been through. My little boy weighs 3lbs. This kennel was very durable hard plastic. The impact had to be so hard to do this. I'm so worried about him and if whatever happened could have a long time affect. He is 4 1/2months old.

The manager from there gave me a replacement kennel to bring our boy home in. We live 1 1/2hours away and this is our nearest airport. I feel like I should have done things differently but after spending like 2hours there, getting no answers, my boy shivering, all i could think about was getting him to a calm, comfortable place. I believed this manager when he said he would keep the kennel to photograph and send to Dallas for investigation. Now I feel like maybe I was a fool cause I dnt have the kennel with the damage or pics of my own.
I took our little boy to our vet the next day, which was 2/22. He sounded awful, coughing, gagging and i could feel the congestion. He had xray done and he has fluid in his lungs. Right now we are running our first course of treatment and pray it works. I wanted to post this sooner but been so busy just keeping an eye on him, loving him and medicating him.

What happened to their employees being trained to safely care for the live animal shipments?! It may be a good thing I dnt know who is responsible cause I'd love to choke them. But how can this person have no conscience, no feelings, no heart when he/she realized a living animal was in there and say nothing. Please pray for him...i hope that he is a fighter
Lyz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!